A body of baptize believers that serve God and His people with daily prayer and praise, with the expectation of the power of God moving in our lives. A place of of unconditional love' peace and joy. We welcome all to the house of prayer. Shiloh is a place of worship.
There is one and only one true God the Lord Jesus Christ. (John chaper 1:14;17)
There is only one way man can obtain salvation. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ (Roman 10:9-10)
That all scripture are given by the inspiration of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
History of Shiloh New Site Baptist Church-Stafford, Virginia
Shiloh New Site Baptist Church was founded on April 16, 1946 by the late Rev. William Harris (Pastor), Brother Oliver Fitzhugh, Brother Alfonso Johnson and Sister Mary Clark (Church Secretary). The church’s cornerstone was laid in place on May 9, 1948.
Rev. William Harris served for 14 years working, building and preaching to keep the church alive. After his death, the church called the Rev. A. J. Banks from Washington, D.C. to serve as Pastor. Rev. Banks served the church for 8 years and during those years many member united with the church. Following Rev. Banks’ resignation the church called Rev. Edward Mercer to serve as Pastor for both Shiloh New Site and Shiloh Old Site in Stafford, VA. Rev. Mercer was blessed to have other minister to help him be able to pastor two churches. Rev. Donald Comer was one of those minister who served at Shiloh New Site for years. Deaconess Sadie Jackson served as the church clerk and in 2003 if marked 52 years that she had served in this position and started Sunrise & Good Friday service and many other things. Deacon Theodore Harrison served as the Chairman of the Board of Deacons for 25 plus year. Upon his becoming Deacon Emeritus, Deacon John Collins served in this position for many years and he is still serving as Deacon Emeritus. Several of our church Mothers have gone on to glory to include Mother Mary Johnson and Mother Louise Allen.
Deaconess Dorothy Kinlaw is the Mother of Shiloh New Site and we thank God for her. Currently serving in the role of Chairman for the Board of Deacons is Deacon Richard Perry and Deacon Johnny Mitchell serves as the Assistant Chairman. Deaconess Patricia Hayes serves as the Chairman of the Deaconess Board. God has continued to grow Shiloh in spirit and in numbers and it is no longer know as a little church because that would limit God. Shiloh New Site has become a beacon in Stafford County and in the surrounding community.
In 1996 Rev. Larry L. Swanson came to Shiloh New Site to assist Rev. Edward Mercer. Rev. Swanson taught Bible Study, preach every 2nd and 4th Sunday. He assisted with training and brining on more deacons and deaconess. Upon Rev. Edward Mercer’s passing in April 2004 Rev. Larry L. Swanson was selected as the Pastor and was installed on Augusts 28, 2004. Rev. Bessie Juggins was made the Assistant Pastor of Shiloh in 2004. She has been and served Shiloh in various capacities since 1996. In August 2014 Rev. Larry L. Swanson was consecrated as a Bishop to fulfill the call of God on his life as a Senior Pastor. This year in March 2015
Dr. Larry L. Swanson received an honorary doctorate degree from Eastern Theological Seminary in Lynchburg, VA. He Currently as the following ministers serving under him: